Date:      Sat, 07 Jun 2008 23:34:41 +0200
From:      Daniel Ponticello <daniel@skytek.it>
To:        freebsd-net@freebsd.org, freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   kernel panic on em0/taskq

Hello,
i'm experiencing periodic kernel panics on a server with  FreeBSD
7.0-STABLE #0: Tue May 20 19:09:43 CEST 2008.
My big problem is that the system is not performing memory dumping
and/or automatic reoboot,
it just stays there.

Here' console output:

em0: watchdog timeout -- resetting
kernel trap 12 with interrupts disabled

cpuid = 0; apic_id = 00
fault virtual address   = 0x14
fault code                 = supervisor read, page not present
intruction pointerr     = 0x20:0xc056e2ce
stack pointer             = 0x28:0xe537fc08
frame pointer            = 0x28:0xe537fc28
code segment            = base 0x0, limit 0xfffff, type 0x1b
                                = DPL 0, pres 1, def32 1, gran 1
processor eflags         = resume, IOPL = 0
current process          = 29 (em0 taskq)
trap number               = 12
panic: page fault
cpuid = 0

It just stays there, unresponsive (no automatic reboot).

Any  ideas?

Thanks,

Daniel

--

WBR,
Cordiali Saluti,

Daniel Ponticello, VP of Engineering

Network Coordination Centre of Skytek

---
- For further information about our services:
- Please visit our website at http://www.Skytek.it
---