Date:      Wed, 28 Jan 1998 12:41:56 -0700
From:      Nate Williams <nate@mt.sri.com>
To:        ac199@hwcn.org
Cc:        Nate Williams <nate@mt.sri.com>, current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: gnu/usr.bin/cvs/libdiff

> > W/out any user intevention?  Amazing how it requires users to build
> > them, isn't it?  Yes, it *could* all be automated, but the 'resources'
> > required to do it is greater than requiring humans doing the work.  Now,
> > in a weird twist of fate, that is exactly the same thing I said.
>
> Heh.  Workers on a factory line are not users building their
> cars.  They are machines who just happen to have an advantageous
> dexterity : cost ratio, as opposed to users who "understand the
> build process".

Actually, not completely.  There are some that simply build things, but
the 'new thinking' is that workers who understand the build process are
more effecient/better than workers who just tighten bolts.  Also, there
are *always* workers who understand the entire build process when things
go wrong (which they do).

Nate