Date:      Wed, 09 Oct 1996 14:24:44 -0600
From:      Warner Losh <imp@village.org>
To:        Veggy Vinny <richardc@CSUA.Berkeley.EDU>
Cc:        current@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: /usr/bin/install in -current broken

In message
<Pine.PTX.3.95.961009131334.5738g-100000@soda.CSUA.Berkeley.EDU> Veggy
Vinny writes:
: 	Actually, you're right and thanks for pointing it out so how do I
: tell which install the make install wants?

It almost always wants /usr/bin/install :-) It generally uses the
first 'install' program in your path.  You might want to move '.' to
be the last component in your path, since that fixes this and other
problems building many of the ports or other random software off the
net.  You especially don't want to have it in root's path, since that
can lead to trojans and such.

BTW, your message nearly gave me heart failure, since I was the last
person to touch install... :-)

Warner