Date:      Sun, 14 Jul 1996 07:09:58 PDT
From:      faried nawaz <nawaz921@cs.uidaho.edu>
To:        current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: keyboard/console problems?

i wrote...

 Sometimes my keyboard ends up in a weird state: I can't switch console ttys;
 no keyboard input is accepted (even under X with "secure keyboard turned on");
 and it appears that the control key is "stuck" (clicking on any window appears
 as if i'd held down the control key before clicking).

I got a lot of them last night and decided to switch to the july 3rd kernel.
I got "stuck" again within minutes of booting off the older kernel.

I have checked all the cables; nothing seems wrong.

I did a sup & make world on Friday.

I've noticed that the control key doesn't stick always; once it was the
meta key, and a few times the mouse worked normally (could cut & paste).
I'm now running xev to observe this problem if it reoccurs.

One thing I forgot to mention was that I can "cure" this problem when under
X by just killing my Xsession and logging in again via xdm.

faried.