Date:      Mon, 07 Aug 2000 10:45:36 -0700
From:      David Thiel <dthiel@nexprise.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Cc:        "Brandon D. Valentine" <bandix@looksharp.net>
Subject:   Re: What's up with yp login authentication?

I'm also having some very bizarre yp problems.  I've double and
triple-checked my configuration, and although I can do ypwhich and ypcat
the NIS maps, logins don't appear to authenticate through NIS.  Maybe
there's something I'm missing, but I added a test user after enabling
NIS, and they didn't authenticate through it.  Is there something
different one has to do when adding users under NIS?

-lx