Date:      Tue, 21 Jan 2003 04:37:32 +0100 (CET)
From:      "=?iso-8859-1?q?Pedro=20F.=20Giffuni?=" <giffunip@yahoo.com>
To:        arch@FreeBSD.org
Cc:        Marcel Moolenaar <marcel@xcllnt.net>, nsouch@free.fr
Subject:   Re: Newbusifying kbd?

I think the problem we have right now, and in fact the
problem that Nicholas is addressing, is that we are
not handling consistently the drivers that syscons
needs to work. Without this elements properly
abstracted any alternative console project reinvents
the wheel.

I guess what I'm saying here is that we should port
wscons so that it consistently uses our kbd, vga, and
vesa drivers (assuming everything is properly
newbussified).

I wish we could run many console types at the same
time, but this is not really the same problem.

cheers,

    Pedro.