Date:      Thu, 14 Nov 1996 22:57:10 +0000 (GMT)
From:      Jim Dixon <jdd@vbc.net>
To:        dennis <dennis@etinc.com>
Cc:        isp@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Decision in Router Purchase

On Thu, 14 Nov 1996, dennis wrote:

> >This too is of interest to people who might buy an ET product.  We
> >bought three of his boards, asked for support, got very little, but
> >are still getting attacked in public.
>
> You are lying to people who are looking for an objective opinion, which
> you dont have. Unfortunatly there is one of you in every world, so I guess
> we just have to grin and bear it.

Oh Christ, give it up Dennis.  We have no interest whatsoever in lying
about your products.  But you have a large interest in doing so.

> Since there are few others that share your opinions, hopefully others
> will understand their origins.  I tried to help you, and you sent me
> volumes of "results" from a misconfigured machine and felt compelled
> to badger me on a daily basis.

Do I have this straight?  Didn't you just claim a few emails back that
we never asked you for advice?  And are you now saying that we sent
you volumes of results?  Don't you see a slight contradiction?

>                                  I asked your people to either provide
> a more cooperative contact or return the product. Support is a two
> way effort.....

Return your product ??? I was told by the woman who bought the product
that she had to tell you over and over again that when we said we bought
it for evaluation we didn't mean we were going to return it.

> Usually, once they deal with SDL for awhile they know the truth themselves...
> the SDL product for BSD/OS was written by BSDI....the FreeBSD product
> is not comparable so most of your "experience" is irrelevant to this
> discussion.

We have dealt with SDL and we have dealt with you.  SDL is on occasion
difficult.  But Dennis you are always like this.

--
Jim Dixon                  VBCnet GB Ltd           http://www.vbc.net
tel +44 117 929 1316                             fax +44 117 927 2015