Date:      Tue, 15 Jan 2002 23:54:42 -0700 (MST)
From:      Brett Glass <brett@lariat.org>
To:        hardware@freebsd.org
Subject:   Getting a USB serial device working

I'm trying to set FreeBSD up to communicate with a USB serial device. The
device contains a USB-to-serial chip, and FreeBSD reports it as

USB <-> Serial, FTDI

figure out how to associate the USB device with a tty or cu device
so that I can communicate with it via Kermit or another terminal
program. How is this done?

--Brett Glass