Date:      Mon, 18 Feb 2002 18:26:07 +0100
From:      Stijn Hoop <stijn@win.tue.nl>
To:        Joe Clarke <marcus@marcuscom.com>
Cc:        Mathias.Picker@virtual-earth.de, ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: nautilus fails to view html

--LwW0XdcUbUexiWVK

On Mon, Feb 18, 2002 at 12:19:12PM -0500, Joe Clarke wrote:
> Normally, nautilus is built against mozilla-embedded, and thus depends
> on libs in /usr/X11R6/lib/mozilla-embedded.  Since
> /usr/X11R6/lib/mozilla-embedded isn't in the default ld search patch,
> gnome-session was patched to automatically add it at login.  If you
> built nautilus against full mozilla, then you need to apply the
> following patch to /usr/ports/x11/gnomecore/files/patch-gsm::ice.c, and
> rebuild gnomecore.

Hmm. Can't nautilus be wrapped in a script that adds the proper path to
$LD_LIBRARY_PATH? Or would that break the default GNOME setup with
gnome-session?

I use mozilla as my main browser; I'd rather not have *2* copies of this be=
ast
installed.

I only installed nautilus because I had cycles to spare and wanted to see w=
hat
it looks like for real, based on all the pretty pictures; but I thought it
would be possible to use without the whole GNOME suite. Apparently this tak=
es
more effort than I thought.

Anyway, thanks for the explanation. An automated solution would be even
better, but I can't think of one right now :(

--Stijn

--=20
] Nothing safer than a 'cat /dev/wallet | grep $price > real-person; \
]       mv $thing-to-buy $my-case
I'd prefer 'mv $thing-to-buy $my-case && cat /dev/wallet | \
	grep $price > real-person
		-- Anonymous, freebsd-questions@freebsd.org,
			in message <200108020628.IAA11775@hugo10.ka.punkt.de>

--LwW0XdcUbUexiWVK