Date:      Wed, 30 Jan 2002 23:01:12 -0800
From:      Kirk McKusick <mckusick@mckusick.com>
To:        arch@FreeBSD.ORG
Cc:        Terry Lambert <tlambert2@mindspring.com>, Peter Wemm <peter@wemm.org>, Garance A Drosihn <drosih@rpi.edu>, Alfred Perlstein <bright@mu.org>, Poul-Henning Kamp <phk@critter.freebsd.dk>, Dallas De Atley <deatley@apple.com>, Jordan Hubbard <jkh@winston.freebsd.org>, "Perry E. Metzger" <perry@wasabisystems.com>, "Todd C. Miller" <Todd.Miller@courtesan.com>, Theo de Raadt <deraadt@cvs.openbsd.org>
Subject:   Re: __P macro question

As the initial perpetrator of __P(()) I will be the Nth to say
(where N is a distressingly large number) that its usefulness
has long gone. Since a big objection has been coordinating with
the other BSD's, I took the liberty of asking them (see responses
below). They are just as eager to get rid of it, but have been
waiting for the other BSD's as well. Time's up. We all agree,
__P(()) should be history. Let's all just set about making it
so and get on with something important.

	Kirk McKusick

=-=-=-=-=