Date:      13 Jul 1998 23:45:01 -0400
From:      Cory Kempf <ckempf@enigami.com>
To:        freebsd-scsi@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   cam/scsi  include files

I could swear I have posted this at least twice now, but the original
doesn't seem to be on my machine for some reason.  And if the answer
has changed with the new snapshot, well, it is downloading now.

While perusing the SANE source, I noticed that it checks for the
existance of files under /usr/include/scsi... and if it finds them,
determines that it should use the BSD SCSI interface.

On my machine, it finds them, and builds successfully (haven't tried
running, as the SCSI bus isn't quite working yet... see other
message).

Is /usr/include/scsi obsolete with CAM?  Assuming it is, perhaps it
might be a good idea to include a shell script to move that (and any
other obsolete files... e.g. libraries?) to say, scsi.old or some
such?

On a related note, I noticed that DEC's CAM interface stores its
include files under /usr/include/io/cam... shouldn't we also?

Personally, I find it rather annoying when different vendor's unixes
stick things in different locations.  It makes writing portable stuffs
more difficult.

+C

--
Thinking of purchasing RAM from the Chip Merchant?
Please read this first: <http://www.enigami.com/~ckempf/chipmerchant.html>;

Cory Kempf                Macintosh / Unix Consulting & Software Development
ckempf@enigami.com        <http://www.enigami.com/~ckempf/>;