Date:      Tue, 22 Oct 1996 05:12:13 -0600
From:      Warner Losh <imp@village.org>
To:        obrien@NUXI.cs.ucdavis.edu (David E. O'Brien)
Cc:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: packages-current

In message <199610220627.XAA06428@relay.nuxi.com> David E. O'Brien writes:
: You can say that again.  I'm trying to build both ctwm and gv.  Both fail
: due to -lgnumalloc.  I seem to remembe seeing something about this in one
: of the lists.... guess it is "grep" time.

You can fix this easily enough in the Makefile that is generated.

Or you can set your LD_LIBRARY_PATH to have /usr/lib/compat in it.
Not a good longterm solution, I'll grant, but one to get around having
to change the Makefile until you can upgrade to a version of XFree86
that reflects the deletion of gnumalloc.

Warner