Date:      Wed, 11 Nov 1998 13:41:00 +0900
From:      john cooper <john@isi.co.jp>
To:        grog@lemis.com, hackers@FreeBSD.ORG, mike@smith.net.au, ticso@cicely.de
Cc:        john@isi.co.jp
Subject:   SCSI vs. DMA33..

Hi,
    Just wondering if anyone has any _objective_ opinion on
the performance of say wide SCSI2 vs. DMA33 IDE drives [running
on contemporary motherboards].  The theoretical throughputs of
40MBs and 33MBs don't tell me a whole lot.  I know SCSI was the
choice for performance in the past, however I'm curious what
others are seeing in actual usage these days.

Thanks,

-john