Date:      Tue, 10 Aug 2010 23:48:05 -0400
From:      jhell <jhell@dataix.net>
To:        Adrian Chadd <adrian@freebsd.org>
Cc:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org, freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: [CFT] if_ath updates - ar5416 (macbook pro, etc)

--------------020801010703090103020906

On 08/10/2010 22:38, Adrian Chadd wrote:
> On 11 August 2010 07:48, jhell <jhell@dataix.net> wrote:
>
>> I have applied the following (r211136) to my local stable/8 branch and
>> has proven to be an improvement with no drawbacks.
>
> Ah, the calibration scheduling change. Cool!
>
>> As for the rest I can not vouch for unless you give me a specific patch
>> to test but I am willing to merge from head to my local tree at any
>> given point in time if you can give some revisions you would like
>> tested. You "I believe" made it possible for me to use this card within
>> a week that I had reported it ~2007-2008 so I and my card are at your
>> disposal.
>
> Merge in:
>
> r211134 and r211135; these are the AR5416 initval changes.

Ill pull these in within the next hour and float some tests across the
bow overnight to see what happens.

> I wasn't even thinking about working on atheros stuff in 2007/2008. :)

Ah must of been someone else then. Nonetheless it was adapted and
committed to the sources within a weeks time and worked perfectly. And
the email I had wrote to <mystery committee> was answered within an hour
that I had wrote it, so due to that I owe anyone working on this card a
debt of gratitude and any tests that need to be run.

> Thanks for the offer. I've bought a pair of AR5416's for here so I can
> test regressions to the ar5416 module whilst I work on the AR9160.
> Just keep an eye on the commit logs for changes I make to sys/dev/ath/
> and consider pulling some of those in. I'd appreciate any testing. :)
>

> Adrian

Regards,

--

On a side note I have another little nifty device that has been inactive
for over a year now that does not have a associated driver that I have

I am thinking this is just one of those quirks but like I said, I
haven't had the time to really get into it since I already have multiple
other means to use for wireless. I'd love to be able to use this as a
permanent scanning device though.

Ive tried a few different things with this device that failed to work so
anybodies guess is better than mine right now.

I have attached a dump_all_config_desc for this device in case anyone
can identify it. Linksys WUSB54G

 jhell,v

--------------020801010703090103020906

ugen3.3: <product 0x2234 vendor 0x1915> at usbus3, cfg=0 md=HOST spd=HIGH (480Mbps) pwr=ON

 Configuration index 0

    bLength = 0x0009
    bDescriptorType = 0x0002
    wTotalLength = 0x0051