Date:      Tue, 22 Apr 1997 09:51:53 -0400
From:      "Larry S. Marso" <lsmarso@panix.com>
To:        ports-Freebsd@freebsd.org, freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   premail -makenym error

Following the instructions to make a nym for the *nym.alias.net* nymserver,
or any other of the new nym servers, I get the following error:

******************
We need to generate 792 random bits.  This is done by measuring the
time intervals between your keystrokes.  Please enter some random text
on your keyboard until you hear the beep:
   0 * -Enough, thank you.
....**** .......****
Key generation completed.

Key for user ID: ****** <*****@nym.alias.net>
1024-bit key, Key ID 70963B91, created 1997/04/22

WARNING:  Because this public key is not certified with a trusted
signature, it is not known with high confidence that this public key
actually belongs to: "<config@nym.alias.net>/<send@nym.alias.net>".

Error: key is too large.  RSA keys may be no longer than 1024 bits,
due to limitations imposed by software provided by RSADSI.
Skipping userid config@nym.alias.net
Encryption error

For a usage summary, type:  pgp -h
For more detailed help, consult the PGP User's Guide.

Could not use your keys.  The passphrase must be blank.

I am, of course, leaving a blank passphrase.  I've selected 1024 bit key
encryption, but it doesn't seem to matter what I choose.  The error
persists.  My version is premail - 0.45