Date:      Wed, 12 Mar 1997 09:36:07 +0100
From:      Simon Lindgren <lindgren@istudio.no>
To:        software@crosslogic.com, questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Virtual Servers on FreeBSD

At 23:22 11.03.97 +0000, you wrote:
>Help..I am running FreeBSD and an Apache Web Server.  I currently have the
>OS and
>Apache Web Server working.  My problem is that I am now trying to configure
>an additional domain to the web server...a virtual server.  Does anyone have
>any help to offer in configuring the FreeBSD files with the Apache Server to
>create virtual servers?
>
>Thanks
>
>Wes
Hi, this is quite easy in fact:

I assume you have the DNS for the virtual domain set up and working.

First, you need an IP-alias set for your network adapter. Info on this can
be found at : http://lightstorm.gage.com/~black/ipalias.html

Then, you need to add a "Listen <insert aliased ip here>" to your
httpd.conf file,
and lastly, use the VirtualHost statement in httpd.conf such as this:

<VirtualHost <insert domain name for the ip here> >
ServerAdmin whatever@domain.xx
DocumentRoot <document root for this virtual server>
ServerName <full qualified domain name for the server>
ErrorLog <where the errors are sent to>
TransferLog <where to keep the access log>
</VirtualHost>

Hope this helps

Simon Lindgren
lindgren@istudio.no