Date:      Mon, 23 Oct 2000 23:01:53 -0700
From:      David Greenman <dg@root.com>
To:        Ian Cartwright <ICartwright@IT.RJF.com>
Cc:        "'freebsd-hardware@freebsd.org'" <freebsd-hardware@FreeBSD.ORG>, "'wpaul@freebsd.org'" <wpaul@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: fxp

>Hello all,
>
>I recently installed FreeBSD 4.11-RELEASE on a new Compaq Deskpro EN. It has
>an Intel Etherexpress Pro 100 built into the motherboard (82559?). After
>compiling a new kernel (-STABLE, Oct. 12) for it, the NIC is detected. I do
>have one problem with the NIC though: I keep getting timeout errors.
>Sometimes the NIC comes back, sometimes I have to reboot...
>
>I have included output from dmesg. Any help would be appreciated...

   This kind of sounds like there might be a cabling problem. Also, is this
connected to a switch or a hub? Did it ever work reliably (with previous
versions of FreeBSD)?
   BTW, freebsd-hardware is not the proper list to report problems.

-DG

David Greenman
Co-founder, The FreeBSD Project - http://www.freebsd.org
President, TeraSolutions, Inc. - http://www.terasolutions.com
Pave the road of life with opportunities.