Date:      Thu, 3 Aug 2006 20:45:31 +0200
From:      h <h@erathia.be>
To:        ports@freebsd.org, openoffice@freebsd.org, java@freebsd.org
Subject:   problems building ooo 2.0 on 4.11

I'm trying to compile openoffice.org 2.0 on FreeBSD 4.11-STABLE. I have
managed and overcome many technical obstacles so far, such as gjdoc that I had
to comment out of the Makefile, but the following one beats me.

At some point the build complained about jdk 1.3 or later required. jdk 1.5
and 1.4 won't build on 4.11 with the following error:

===>  Extracting for linux-sun-jdk-1.4.2.12
=> MD5 Checksum OK for j2sdk-1_4_2_12-linux-i586.bin.
===>   linux-sun-jdk-1.4.2.12 depends on
file: /compat/linux/etc/fedora-release - found
ELF binary type "0" not known.
Abort trap
*** Error code 134

Stop in /usr/ports/java/linux-sun-jdk14.

Linux emulator (Fedora) is built from ports and linproc is mounted.

jdk 1.3, however, compiles successfully. But even with jdk 1.3 available,
there are two problems:

1. without the parameter WITH_GNUGCJ openoffice.org build still tries to
compile jdk 1.5 then stops the build on the forementionned problem when it
tries to set up me the linux jdk.

2. with the parameter DWITH_GNUGCJ package, openoffice.org doesn't see the
jdk1.3 that is there and stop building with the same error than before I set
it:

checking whether to build with Java support... yes
checking the installed JDK... configure: error: JDK is too old, you need at
least 1.3
===>  Script "configure" failed unexpectedly.

Now I know 4.11 isn't supported to run ooo 2.0 but I've got that old laptop
that won't run any other OS and I'd like compatibility with ooo 2.0 from my
other machines, so any help would be greatly appreciated.

How can I strip the ooo to build to the bare working minimum (word processor,
presentation and spreadsheet) to achieve a successful build? i.e. how do i
shortcut the java build?