Date:      Mon, 14 Nov 2005 15:29:55 -0600
From:      Scot Hetzel <swhetzel@gmail.com>
To:        Luk van den Borne <luktheluckyboy@gmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Amarok + postgreSQL version

On 11/13/05, Luk van den Borne <luktheluckyboy@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Set the WANT_PGSQL_VER variable to the number suffix of the postgresql =
ports
> > you want - /etc/make.conf is a good place for this:
> >
> > For a value use 'XY' from the postgresqlXY-client|server ports, for ins=
tance

> > WANT_PGSQL_VER=3D73 will adjust dependencies to postgresql73-client|ser=
ver

> > and
> >
> > WANT_PGSQL_VER=3D80 will adjust dependencies to postgresql80-client|ser=
ver

> Is this confguration directive documented somewhere? Of course I did
> some searching before posting on this mailing lists, but I was not
> able to find it.

The variable is documented in the /usr/ports/Mk/bsd.database.mk file.

Shouldn't the version be set with the WITH_PGSQL_VER variable. As the
WANT_*_VER is supposed to be set by the port maintainer and the
WITH_*_VER is to be set by the user (According to bsd.database.mk).

--
DISCLAIMER:
No electrons were mamed while sending this message. Only slightly bruised.