Date:      Sun, 27 Jan 2002 21:46:38 +0100
From:      Clemens Hermann <haribeau@gmx.de>
To:        Matthew Emmerton <matt@gsicomp.on.ca>
Cc:        BSD NET-List <freebsd-net@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: natd restart

Am 27.01.2002 um 09:59:14 schrieb Matthew Emmerton:

Hi Matthew,

> Why not just add an IP alias for the "new" network on each machine?  Each
> system will respond to packets directed to either network, but without the
> complexity of a NAT box in the middle.  Once you've got everything switched,
> then you can remove the original IP addresses.

Sounds like a way better solution as the one I thought of.
Thanks a lot for this hint!

> I've used this method in the
> past to transition LANs between IP ranges and it works absolutely fine.

Did you use Windows machines in this setup?
There are many NT4 Boxes, Win2k, some 98 and 95 computers here.

tia

/ch

--
"Contrary to popular belief, Unix is user friendly.
It just happens to be selective about who it makes friends with."