Date:      Sun, 14 Apr 1996 23:43:36 +0100
From:      "Gary Palmer" <gpalmer@FreeBSD.ORG>
To:        morbid_t <austin@winternet.com>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: important

morbid_t wrote in message ID
<Pine.SOL.3.91.960414162243.22660A-100000@tundra>:
> Well, theres not much I can say.  I have a Buslogic bios, v1.20k (pci to
> scsi adapter), and nothing is found upon boot (as far as i could tell)
> except for fdc0, fd0, and fd1.  As far as the error message, it says this:

Okay, well, some things you could tell us:

What revision of FreeBSD are you trying to install?

What is displayed during the PCI probe phase (if anything)? It should
be the last few lines before ``changing the root device to <foo>'' on
2.1.0-RELEASE, and just after the memory scan on the 2.2-current SNAP.

It's quite possible you have the new controller from Buslogic, and
they are not releasing programming information to anyone (the last I
heard), so you could be sort of stuck :-(

Gary