Date:      Mon, 10 Jul 2006 19:08:52 -0400
From:      Constantino Michailidis <dinom@balstonresearch.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Cc:        shinjii@virusinfo.rdksupportinc.com
Subject:   RE: Error Upgrading PHP5-pcre

On Monday 10 July 2006 14:42, Warren Liddell wrote:
> im Running FreeBSD 6.1-STABLE and the last week or more i have had proble=
ms
> trying to upgrade this port .. below is the full work up fo trying to
> install the package manually from the ports. =A0Any assistance into whats
> happening would be appreciated.

Building php5-pcre-5.1.4 goes smoothly for me.  Sounds like your build=20
environment is mucked up.  I presume you at least did a 'make clean' first,=
=20
perhaps 'make distclean' too?  I assume you cvsup'd your ports?

Anyway, you may have better luck installing via package until you can find =
out=20
what's going wrong w/ your build procedure.  For example, assuming you=20
have 'portupgrade' installed:

$sudo portupgrade -NP devel/php5-pcre

Wishes,
Dino

=2D-=20
Consider the postage stamp: its usefulness consists in
the ability to stick to one thing till it gets there.
		-- Josh Billings