Date:      Mon, 7 Sep 1998 19:07:21 -0400
From:      Rick Knebel <rknebel@rknebel.csrlink.net>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   IP address

Hi,
This is going to be kind of vague because I am new but here goes.

I have hooked yp to my ISP without problems.
I have a static IP address.

I have my machine set up to host a small web page which can be accessed with
http://rknebel.csrlink.net.

I have rknebel.csrlink.net in my hosts file with the appropiate IP adress.

>From another machine either at work or another one in my house hooked up via
a second ISP, I can ping rknebel.csrlink.net, ftp into my machine and acess
my web page.

>From this machine Icannot ping myself , ftp or acess my web page.

I can do this on the same machine when I boot linux.

This is not a magor problem but it is nagging.

Anyone with idea's?

Thanks Alot

Rick