Date:      Fri, 28 Feb 1997 00:00:18 -0800
From:      Pedro Giffuni <pgiffuni@fps.biblos.unal.edu.co>
To:        Michael Smith <msmith@atrad.adelaide.edu.au>
Cc:        emulation@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Status report of vm86/dos emulation (DOS info)

Michael Smith wrote:

> > ftp://ftp.std.com/pub/rxdos/
>
> Mike P's code.  Last I knew he wasn't giving out the code - you had to
> buy the book to get that.  I couldn't get it here; I was seriously
> considering it for a while.

The complete code is not available, but there are some chunks he calls
patches.

> > *DOS extenders in the x2ftp archive (some interesting docs around, too)
> > ftp://x2ftp.oulu.fi/pub/msdos/programming/pmode
> > ftp://ftp.ibp.fr/pub/pc/x2ftp
>
> Haven't seen these.  Interesting.

They keep mostly source code. There's even the source code for himem
(mirrored from M$) and the norton guide databases are good. IMHO this
should be a candidate for a WC mirror.

> > And finally, interesting, but not useful, there is the page for a 32 bit
> > DOS from Russia (commercial product): http://www.pts.mipt.ru/
>
> Heh.  I spend a lot of time (slow link) trying to find _any_ useful
> information on their site last time I looked.  Not worth it unless you're
> bored.

I agree..nothing valuable there, but it is the road FreeDOS will follow
after getting a usable system.(By that time Caldera may offer their
source code, anyway :/ )

Pedro.