Date:      Mon, 20 Apr 1998 08:53:24 -0700
From:      "Randy A. Katz" <randyk@ccsales.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   cpio copies - file corruption???

Hello,

I have just noticed that some text (and binary) files are being corrupted
when cpio copying.

I have seen this on FreeBSD 2.1.0, 2.1.7, 2.2.5, and 2.2.6.

I originally thought it was because I was copying through an NFS mount but
then I tried to copy from one partition to the next on a 2.2.6 machine and
got the same kind of results, various files having parts of other files and
junk in them...

Is there something I need to know about the way you people are getting
files across??

Thanx,
Randy Katz