Date:      Mon, 24 Apr 2000 20:11:07 +0200
From:      "Noor Dawod" <noor@comrax.com>
To:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   login.conf and ssh

Hello all,

I have a 4.0-STABLE system and I allow clients to connect via ssh only. I
use ssh -i to launch ssh from /etc/inetd.conf.

Although I've set a class in /etc/login.conf to allow logins only at
specific times, and assigned a user to this class, then tried to logon to
this user at a restricted time, it did login.

My conclusion is either:

1. ssh do not care about login.conf, which in turn allows me to login at a
restricted time.
2. ssh is aware about login.conf, but I did a mistake.

So, here's the class I've built in login.conf:

standard:\
        :copyright=/etc/COPYRIGHT:\
        :welcome=/etc/motd:\

:setenv=MAIL=/var/mail/$,BLOCKSIZE=K,EDITOR=/usr/bin/vi,FTP_PASSIVE_MODE=YES
:\
        :path=/usr/local/bin /usr/local/sbin /usr/local/libexec
/usr/local/samba/bin /bin /usr/bin
        :manpath=/usr/share/man /usr/local/man:\
        :nologin=/etc/nologin:\
        :cputime=unlimited:\
        :datasize=10M:\
        :stacksize=3M:\
        :memorylocked=5M:\
        :memoryuse=10M:\
        :filesize=unlimited:\
        :coredumpsize=unlimited:\
        :openfiles=32:\
        :maxproc=16:\
        :requirehome:\
        :priority=0:\
        :ignoretime@:\
        :umask=022:
        :times.allow=SuMoTuWeTh0900-2200,Fr0900-1800:

The last line lists the allowed times. If I login, say at Friday 19:00pm,
the system should not allow it, but it does.

What am I doing wrong, and is ssh aware of login.conf? (it is a system
setting, is it not?)

Thank you in advance.

Noor