Date:      Tue, 9 Jun 1998 23:32:50 -0400 (EDT)
From:      "Justin M. Seger" <jseger@freebsd.scds.com>
To:        jdp@polstra.com
Cc:        current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Libraries...

   The preferred method is a configure script that checks to see
   whether the file is in /usr/lib or /usr/lib/aout.

   The plan which (unless I totally misunderstood) the ELF team has
   agreed upon is that the ELF libraries will end up in /usr/lib once the
   dust has settled.

Okay...  However don't we want to be checking for a library based on the format
we are compiling for?  Is ELF going to become the only supported binformat? If
so I guess I can have it check /usr/lib then /usr/lib/aout.  If we're
supporting both ELF and aout, then I should have it select the correct one
based on the system default binformat.

Please let me know if we're going to only support ELF, and if not, where is the
correct place to read the binformat from.

Thanks in advance,
-Justin Seger-