Date:      Mon, 3 Feb 2003 03:55:49 -0100
From:      ".VWV." <victorvittorivonwiktow@interfree.it>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   amnesiac - nasa - various

Hi.

Please, forward this letter to the the correct delivery. I haven't the=20
strenght necessary to walk online across the mailgroups' environment. Fee=
l=20
free of copying what you like of the following content, simply making men=
tion=20
of my name.

If at NASA nobody has realized, rockets fitting the main vehicle's belly =
could=20
damage its thermal insulation, there's nothing strange they have adopted =
a=20
LINUX based GNU system instead of a BSD-GNU one.
You know, SATURNO V was the most perfect rocket engine ever designed, as =
for=20
vertical take-off. Advanced vehicles with wings, must take off from gravi=
ty=20
following a spiral path: at the moment, it could be too much expensive,=20
therefore they have decided to save some MONEY taking off vertically with=
=20
that stuff.

I admit I'm running a penguin now, just because I haven't tried to set up=
 my=20
dad's ISDN with BSD. I like to run my 4.6 'AMNESIAC' BSD like a dream for=
 my=20
future, I'm trying it step-by-step. Many people don't feel obvious the=20
hierarchical system of physical-slices and subordinated BSD partitions, b=
ut=20
it has kept me immediately at home. If anybody likes to create custom BSD=
=20
partitions, the system keeps the disc safe by means of the physical slice=
s'=20
creation. Who could ask more...

Who cares of the life of common computer users? Mr. Gates cares of them f=
or=20
money, Linux distributors nothing at all - except of the ones which are g=
oing=20
bankrupt, like Mandrake, the ones very cautious like Slackware, the ones=20
simply experimental like all of the Sorcery-like.
It isn't necessary to ask a genius, to realize Linux' success is made by =
a=20
strong industry help for compiling a lot of kernels, for the most part of=
 the=20
hardware architectures. We know the same job could be done with a traditi=
onal=20
kernel like BSD's one.

Who will be the next Mr. Gates? I hope the DAEMON will fuck them all.

Please, keep BSD clear of alien compression tools like 'rpm' or 'deb'. We=
 must=20
adopt the universal, common way of the traditional 'tar' and 'tar.gz'=20
compression methods. I also hope we'll not need stuff like 'linuxulator' =
any=20
longer.

Forgive me for my speech and for my quasi-english.

VITTORI

unfortunately, not the cosmos-flyer