Date:      Thu, 23 Nov 1995 10:53:19 -0800 (PST)
From:      Brian Litzinger <brian@MediaCity.com>
To:        st951e1e@pilot.stu.cowan.edu.au
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: ISDN card device driver

> Hi, I've got FreeBSD 2.0.5 running on ASUS PCI/I-486SP3G motherboard. I'd
> like to know if there is a device driver for ISDN card (any ISDN card). If
> any, what brand of ISDN card is it and where can i get the driver from?
>
> You see, I want to setup a ISP here in Perth, Australia. I want to connect
> to the local network provider thru 64K ISDN link thru ISDN line setup by the
> local Telco.

In the kernel config there does seem to be some support an ISDN card
of some sort, but I'm not sure which it is.

On the other hand, you could use a Motorola BitSurfer (or Pro) or
a 3COM Impact or a ZyXEL 2864i which are ISDN devices which hook
to a serial port and act like a modem.  I've used the first two
with FreeBSD including ML-PPP (multi-link PPP, 2B channel connection).

--
Brian Litzinger <brian@mediacity.com>
http[s]://www.mpress.com