Date:      Sun, 13 Jan 2002 01:30:19 +0100
From:      Michael Nottebrock <michaelnottebrock@gmx.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Portupgrade Troubles

Today, after deleting a few packages, portupgrade and it's related utilities
ceased working for me.
Everything I try basically ends up like this:

<-- Snip -->

[root@kiste.localdomain]:/usr/home/lofi > /usr/local/sbin/portupgrade -ai
[Updating the pkgdb in /var/db/pkg ... - 131 packages found (-3 +0)
(...)/usr/local/lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.6/pkgdb.rb:278: [BUG] Segmentation fault
ruby 1.6.6 (2001-12-26) [i386-freebsd5]
Abort trap (core dumped)

<-- Snap -->

Anyone experiencing similar things? Ideas for a workaround? Interested in a
~4 meg coredump?

Environment:

5.0-CURRENT from January 2nd,
portupgrade-20020103,
ruby-1.6.6,
ruby-fnmatch-1.1b_1,
ruby-optparse-0.8.6,
ruby-uri-0.9,1

Greetings and TIA,

Michael Nottebrock

P.S.: Please cc answers to me, I am not subscribed to this list.