Date:      Thu, 11 Apr 2002 11:04:12 -0700 (PDT)
From:      BRYAN OGAWA <bko@cisco.com>
To:        freebsd-emulation@freebsd.org
Subject:   linux_base-7, X, and openoffice / acroread4 ?

Hi,

I'm running 4.5-stable, and I was wondering if anyone else saw problems
running linux_base-7 and acroread4 (as well as trying to install
openoffice-linux).  I was getting some errors which seemed to have to do
with i18n and the interaction between XFree3.3.6 (which i'm running) and
XFree4 (which Redhat7 expects).

Has anyone seen such errors?

Did anyone have any success in tracing these down?

Also, does someone have a description of the problems they experienced
compiling openoffice under FreeBSD?  If they're something that could be
worked on, I could download the source, but it's a bit daunting to
download 100+Mb of source if there's no point (which is what the port's
version check on freebsd seems to imply).

--
Bryan K. Ogawa  <bko@cisco.com>  http://www.vovida.org/