Date:      Wed, 12 Apr 1995 02:20:49 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Peter Dufault <dufault@hda.com>
To:        mmead@goof.com (matthew c. mead)
Cc:        gena@NetVision.net.il, ti@bazooka.amb.org, hackers@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: xmcd 1.4 [ LONG DEBUG INFO ]

matthew c. mead writes:

> On Tue, April 11, 1995 at 09:04:58 (+0300), Gennady Sorokopud wrote:
>
>  > xcdplayer uses ioctl interface while xmcd uses SCIOCCOMMAND
>  > to communicate with CD-ROM. I've made some patches for xmcd
>  > so it can use ioctl interface too. If you interested i can send
>  > them to you so you can try if xmcd works for you at all.
>  > Meanwhile i'll try to understand what's wrong with SCSI interface....
>  > Maybe it's somehow related to lates SCSI system changes.
>
> 	That's my belief.  I can't compile a copy that works properly,
> however, when I use the precompiled binary, it works just fine.  *argh*!!
> :-)  I don't think I need the ioctl patches, though - it might be nice for
> Ti to include them as part of his package though ... *shrug*

If you're going through the SCIOCCOMMAND ioctl then the precompiled
binary shouldn't make a difference since all the scsi code is in the
kernel and won't change based on the binary.

If you're going through the scsi(3) library then these environment
variables:

SU_DEBUG_OUTPUT:   Send debug output to this file
SU_DEBUG_LEVEL:    Set verbosity level
SU_DEBUG_TRUNCATE: Truncate data phase info after this much information

are useful.

--
Peter Dufault               Real Time Machine Control and Simulation
HD Associates, Inc.         Voice: 508 433 6936