Date:      Thu, 7 Aug 1997 21:01:57 -0400
From:      Randall Hopper <rhh@ct.picker.com>
To:        Sean Eric Fagan <sef@Kithrup.COM>
Cc:        emulation@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Fun with DOSCMD (was Re: modifying boot mgrs FROM FREEBSD)

Sean Eric Fagan:

 |After you jump through the (rather annoying) jump into doscmd.kernel, you
 |can do:
 |
 |	symbol-file doscmd.kernel
 |
 |That will reload the symbol table.  I've used it before.

Thanks for the reply.  I'd tried all sorts of variations with
step/jump/symbol-file (loading before, loading after) and so far no luck.

Could you point out what I'm doing wrong here?  This gets the DOSCMD window
up, and I can ^C it, but then even after loading doscmd.kernel, GDB is lost.

Randall

> gdb doscmd
GDB is free software and you are welcome to distribute copies of it
 under certain conditions; type "show copying" to see the conditions.
There is absolutely no warranty for GDB; type "show warranty" for details.
GDB 4.16 (i386-unknown-freebsd),
Copyright 1996 Free Software Foundation, Inc...
(gdb) break 94
Breakpoint 1 at 0x2760: file doscmd_loader.c, line 94.
(gdb) run -x
Starting program: /share/home/rhh/DOSCMD/doscmd-970320/freebsd/doscmd -x

Breakpoint 1, main (argc=2, argv=0xefbfd384, environ=0xefbfd390)
    at doscmd_loader.c:94
94          (*entry_point)(argc, argv, environ);
(gdb) delete 1
(gdb) handle SIGBUS pass nostop noprint
Signal        Stop      Print   Pass to program Description
SIGBUS        No        No      Yes             Bus error
(gdb) step
^C
0x18cc27 in ?? ()
(gdb) symbol-file doscmd.kernel
Load new symbol table from "doscmd.kernel"? (y or n) y
Reading symbols from doscmd.kernel...done.
(gdb) where
reading register eip (#8): No such process.