Date:      Wed, 3 Feb 1999 11:53:03 +0200 (SAT)
From:      Reinier Bezuidenhout <rbezuide@oskar.nanoteq.co.za>
To:        freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   LD_LIBRARY_PATH problems

Hi ...

I'm running a 3.0-STABLE version of FreeBSD and is using tcsh.

I'm setting the LD_LIBRARY_PATH environment variable to include
two paths e.g.   /home/a and /usr/b  both of which contains shared
libraries.

When I use

setenv LD_LIBRARY_PATH /home/a:/usr/b

The program finds the shared library in a but not the one in b.
If I swap the paths around ...

setenv LD_LIBRARY_PATH /usr/b:/home/a

It find the one in b, but not the one in a ????

I've tried the same with export in sh ... same effect ...

Any ideas

Reinier