Date:      Tue, 6 Jul 1999 12:07:19 -0500 (CDT)
From:      Jonathan Lemon <jlemon@americantv.com>
To:        jdp@polstra.com, hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: poll() vs select()

In article <local.mail.freebsd-hackers/199907061636.JAA15322@vashon.polstra.com> you write:
>In article <199907050103.SAA51932@bubba.whistle.com>,
>Archie Cobbs  <archie@whistle.com> wrote:
>>
>> A new, faster event notification system would be great. But don't forget
>> to include *all* events, not just file descriptor readability/writability.
>
>Yes!  Yes!  Yes!  (I agree.)

There was another message in this thread indicating that this has
the potential to grow creeping featuritis.  :-)

I've been thinking this over, and unlimited timers should be easy to do.
I suppose you could fold signal delivery into an event notification
mechanism as well.

What other events are on the various wishlists out there?
--
Jonathan