Date:      Sun, 26 Nov 2000 22:17:00 -0500
From:      "Otter" <otterr@telocity.com>
To:        "Janet Sullivan" <eliyanah@techie.com>
Cc:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   RE: 3c574-TX PCMCIA NIC

Janet,
Sorry, no help from me on testing. I have an unmanaged switch also,
but mine's a D-Link. These NIC's aren't expensive. If you talk around
with others who have similar hardware, find out what pccard nic's they
use and buy one of those. You can find them on Ebay pretty cheap. Your
OS of choice should not be limited to what hardware you have in front
of you. If Linux does it for you, so be it. If you prefer FreeBSD, I
think you'll find a replacement NIC to be an investment, not an
expense.
-Otter