Date:      Tue, 26 Apr 2005 15:18:16 +0200
From:      Jan Lentfer <Jan.Lentfer@web.de>
To:        freebsd-alpha@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   /boot/loader and optimization

Hi all,

I havn't been on the list for quit a long time due to lack of time, so maybe my
questions are long answered. If so, I aplogozie.

Today I updated my PWS 500a to 5.3-RELEASE-p10 (from -p2). This time I used
CFLAGS= -O2 -pipe -fexpensive-optimizations -funroll-loops (before just -O
-pipe). The result was that the machine did not boot after upgrade with the
message halt code = 2 kernel stack not valid halt.
Isn't -O2 supposed to be supported with 5.x on Alpha?

Another question: is -mieee going to stay in as a compile flag or are there any
plans to go back to compile without -mieee ?

Thanks in advance,

Jan Lentfer