Date:      Sun, 30 Jul 2000 16:34:51 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Adam <bsdx@looksharp.net>
To:        nimrodm@email.com
Cc:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: ipfw: setsockopt(IP_FW_ADD): Invalid argument

On Sun, 30 Jul 2000, Nimrod Mesika wrote:

>On Sun, Jul 30, 2000 at 03:51:03PM -0400, Adam wrote:
>> Can you post your config file?  I tried to mimic the parts from
>> dmesg you pasted with kernel options in my kernel from approx 2am
>> 29th EST but I dont get the error or the part about Dynamic rules.
>
>Well, I can send you the whole file but what seems relevant
>is the following:
>
>options         IPFIREWALL
>options         IPFIREWALL_DEFAULT_TO_ACCEPT
>options         IPFIREWALL_VERBOSE
>options         IPFIREWALL_FORWARD
>options         IPDIVERT
>options         TCPDEBUG
>options         SOFTUPDATES
>options         DUMMYNET
>

>DEFAULT_TO_ACCEPT was added after the error was discovered (can't
>connect to the net as the default was deny all).
>
>I also tried compiling without IPFIREWALL_FORWARD (this was my
>latest addition just after I cvsup'ed). Same results.

No idea, it works for me.  I still dont know how you are getting the
## Dynamic rules:
00000 0 0 (T 0, # 0) ty 0 ip, 0.0.0.0 0 <-> 0.0.0.0 0

part either.  Perhaps try cvsupping and building the kernel and the ipfw
bin by hand?  When I cvsupped just now, most of the changes were in
src/sys so it probably wouldnt need a full buildworld if you wanted to
update the rest manually.