Date:      Fri, 23 Jan 1998 13:19:08 -0500 (EST)
From:      spork <spork@super-g.com>
To:        Thomas David Rivers <rivers@dignus.com>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG, toasty@home.dragondata.com
Subject:   Re: /var/mail nfs corruption

Procmail seems to handle this situation much better than mail.local.
Haven't lost mail yet using procmail as the local delivery agent.  This is
going on about a year and a half of constant use.  The only way I can
trash a mail file is if a user is in the shell running a mail program
while popping in.  We try to discourage this.  The damage is never too
bad, just a missing "F" in the very first "From" line...

Charles Sprickman
spork@super-g.com
----
                           "I'm not a prophet or a stone-age man
                           Just a mortal with potential of a superman
                           I'm living on"      -DB