Date:      Sun, 23 Nov 2008 18:59:36 -0800
From:      Matt Tourtillott <matt@marketrends.net>
To:        clement@FreeBSD.org
Cc:        ports@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   FreeBSD Port: apache-2.0.63_2

Hello Clement,

I am running a FreeBSD 7.0 64bit server with apache 2.0.63_2 port
installed and the server is failing a PCI compliance issue with apache.

This is what they are saying

Synopsis : The remote web server is vulnerable to a cross-site scripting
attack. Description : The mod_proxy_ftp module in the version of Apache
installed on the remote host fails to properly sanitize user-supplied
URL input before using it to generate dynamic HTML output. Using
specially crafted requests for FTP URLs with globbing characters (such
as asterisk, tilde, opening square bracket, etc), an attacker may be
able to leverage this issue to inject arbitrary HTML and script code
into a user's browser to be executed within the security context of the
affected site. See also : http://www.rapid7.com/advisories/R7-0033
http://www.securityfocus.com/archive/1/4 95180/100/0/threaded
<http://www.securityfocus.com/archive/1/495180/100/0/threaded>;
http://www.apache.org/dist/httpd/CHANGES _2.2.10
<http://www.apache.org/dist/httpd/CHANGES_2.2.10>;
http://httpd.apache.org/security/vulnera bilities_22.html
<http://httpd.apache.org/security/vulnerabilities_22.html>; *Solution*:
Either disable the affected module or upgrade to Apache version 2.2.10
or later. *Risk Factor*: Medium  / CVSS Base Score : 4.3
(CVSS2#AV:N/AC:M/Au:N/C:N/I:P/A:N) CVE : CVE-2008-2939 BID : 30560 Other
references : OSVDB:47474

I don't even have this module installed.  Do you know when 2.0.64 will
be available in the ports tree or have any other suggestion that will
help solve this issue?

Thanks,  Matt
MarkeTrends, inc.

 [More]