Date:      Fri, 1 Mar 2002 07:46:59 -0500
From:      Marcia Barrett Nice <mimerki@yahoo.com>
To:        freebsd-chat@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: GUI question.

I use FreeBSD both on a desktop machine and on a firewall box for our home
LAN.

I started out with Gnome but had ill-luck with it and switched to KDE for my
desktop machine.  For what I want (web browsing, e-mail, etc) KDE works fine.
 As a technical writer, I use StarOffice, because people want documents in
MSWord format and made to look "pretty".  I still occassionally run Windows
for games, though if I can ever get Quake III for Linux to run under FBSD
that may come to a sudden halt.

For the firewall box, command line.  X isn't even installed.  Now if only I
could find an old amber-tone monitor to go with it, I'd be truly happy...

Marci

--
So why, pray, sign anything as long as every word, letter, penstroke,
paperspace is a perfect signature of its own?