Date:      Wed, 12 Jan 2000 17:09:24 +0100
From:      David Berard <dbera@cybercable.tm.fr>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   parallel printer & nlpt0

	Hello everybody,

I upgrade my system from freebsd 2.X to freebsd 3.X stable of yesterday,
since this, my
printer (HP LaserJet 6L) stop working correctly with big files (no txt
files).

For example, if I try to print one of the postscript examples (tiger.ps)
from de ghostscript port (gs 5.50), I obtain more or less the picture,
but with some incorrect lines, and some garbages (cabalistic
characters), and sometime unattended formfeed.

I think lpt0 (ex nlpt0 device) is the problem, because if I change in
the BIOS the mode of the parallel port (SPP, EPP 1.7, EPP 1.9, EPP+ECP),
I don't obtain the same results.

I also try to play with the flags of ppc device in the kernel config
file, but with no luck.

My motherboard is a QDI Legend V (Intel 440LX chipset).

I try to compile a kernel with the olpt0 driver, but the compilation
fail...

I have no problem with freebsd 2.X, and linux.

Do you have any suggestion ?

Thank you.