Date:      Fri, 23 Jan 1998 14:22:13 -0500 (EST)
From:      Darin Slovitt <darin@techv.net>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Address Masquerading

Hello!

I have recently gotten a Cable modem installed, and would like to use it
with more than one machine. Unfortunatly my cable company refuses to give
me another IP address.

So, I need to be able to setup a FreeBSD machine to do Address
Masquerading. I have read the PPP tutorial on the FreeBSD web site, but I
need to do this using another ethernet adaptor. It would appear that the
PPP program has the provisions to do this, not FreeBSD.

I have looked high and low, but have not found _ANY_ documentation
regarding this matter for FreeBSD. Am I to assume that I cannot do this
using FreeBSD?

I totally support FreeBSD, and would hate to have to resort to installing
Linux (which does have kernel level support for this) ...

Please help me! Or direct me to some documentation regarding Network
Address Translation using FreeBSD ...

--
TTYS :-)
Darin Slovitt