Date:      Mon, 13 May 2002 14:15:36 -0500
From:      "Jack L. Stone" <jackstone@sage-one.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Cron mail out job

I really feel dumb with this question, but I'm temporarily stumped.

I have moved some mailing lists from a BSDi system and I ran some cron
commands that issued instructions to the mail list to make a digest, like:

# echo mkdigest mylist-digest <passwd> | mail majordomo@mylist.org

On that system, cron knew my full email address, like "me@myhost.net"

However, on the new FBSD server, it's only sending the command as "me" and
does not add the host name as the suffix. This causes Majordomo to abort
because of "illegal email address".

How the heck do I make cron on this new system see that the command is
issued from me@myhost.net....??? Nothing I've tried works. Really need to
solve this soon. Help appreciated and your indulgence....

Thanks!

.... our website: http://www.sage-one.net/

Best regards,

Jack L. Stone