Date:      Sun, 3 Nov 1996 15:27:42 PST
From:      Bill Fenner <fenner@parc.xerox.com>
To:        ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Need "a" ghostscript

Hi,

  I'm creating a port of wb, which is similar to the Netscape port in that
it will just ftp the precompiled binary.  wb needs ghostscript installed,
but we have 3 different ghostscript ports: "ghostscript", "ghostscript3"
and "ghostscript4".  wb doesn't care which one, just needs gs.

  Right now, my Makefile says

# XXX ghostscript, ghostscript3 or ghostscript4 will all do.
RUN_DEPENDS=    gs:${PORTSDIR}/print/ghostscript4

  I *think* this will allow any "gs" executable, but if there is none it
will install ghostscript4.  I don't know about the package deal, though,
I suspect that if you are using packages and have a different ghostscript
installed you will run into trouble.  Any ideas how to handle this?

Thanks,
  Bill