Date:      Tue, 03 Feb 2004 20:00:24 -0800
From:      Zack Hobson <zgh@malfunktion.net>
To:        Murata Shuuichirou <mrt@notwork.org>
Cc:        fs@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: updating HFS for 5.2R [patch]

On Mon, 2004-02-02 at 10:16, Murata Shuuichirou wrote:
> In message <1074080151.733.51.camel@cyclops.thehouse>,
>  `zgh@malfunktion.net' wrote:
> > With these changes, the code compiles. I can install and load the
> > resulting kernel module, and I can sucessfully use newfs_hfs and
> > fsck_hfs, but mount_hfs on the same volume always fails with an
> > "Input/output error".
>
> If you have not gotten good results yet, try attached patch.  Of
> course, your patch is also needed.

This is great news, thanks. There is no way I would have figured that
out myself. Can you give me any insight into why the changes you made
were needed?

Anyway, the problems that you're encountering now probably have to do
with the fact that I did not properly update some of the locking code in
my patch, I simply worked around it to get it to compile. The B_LOCKED
(AFAIR) flag disappeared and I worked around the problem by simply
defining it in my own code.

I think your changes exposed this ugly hack of mine, but this is great
news! Now all I need to do (hopefully) is figure out what to use instead
of the now-obsolete B_LOCKED flag. Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks and regards,

-zack