Date:      Fri, 21 Jul 2000 17:20:23 -0700
From:      Mike Smith <msmith@freebsd.org>
To:        Michael Jung <mikej@charon.npc.net>
Cc:        freebsd-alpha@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Booting from Raid

> Ok I admit I've probably not looked hard enough
> but it seems that I read recently that you should
> be able to boot from DAC960 PCI raid partitions
> under FreeBSD-Alpha...
>
> Shortly before I left work today we started to
> load the rc2 iso on a 2100 and it did not
> recognize the raid partition..

Can you provide some more details?  The output of "show conf" relevant to
this card would be a start, as well as the FreeBSD kernel probe messages.

You may also have to load the 'mlx' module (this requires booting from
floppies, irritatingly) since I get the sneaking suspicion it's not in
the GENERIC kernel for Alpha systems.  Space in that kernel is *really*
tight.