Date:      Mon, 10 Mar 1997 04:11:13 +0800 (SGT)
From:      sweeting@tm.net.my
To:        stanb@netcom.com (Stan Brown)
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: yes, 3com PCMCIA card is supported Re: FreeBSD question

>        I had mine orking with the PAO extensions a week or so ao. Then I made
>        the mistake of letting the network support people at work get a hold of
>        the machine (with Windoze hrddrive). Now it doesn't work.
>
>        Could you tell me how you have yours configure, specificaly the
>        settings you have put inot the card using the 3com install utility?

maybe this sounds really weird.... but i haven't used any 3com install utility.
that is why i was amazed at this OS.
the installation floppy had that  kernel configuration screen and i
simply specified the 3com pcmica card (keeping its default settings )
... and deleted the other options (ie. network cards) that were
conflicting.

after installation of FreeBSD,  i put the card in and it worked.
i don't have windoze running on the same machine...

i'm not clued into hardware but will gladly help if possible.
though i am unsure which settings you need ....
if you can specify what you need and where i'll find it, i'll be up for
the next 4 hours.

in the meantime, this is what ifconfig -af gave :

zp0: flags=1863<UP,BROADCAST,NOTRAILERS,RUNNING,SIMPLEX,LINK0> mtu 1500
        inet 202.184.153.19 netmask 0xffffff00 broadcast 202.184.153.255
        ether 00:a0:24:ac:13:e7

pretty sure that doesn't help at all though. (sorry i'm useless.... i'm actually
the multimedia programmer... hence the ridiculous hours doing 2 peoples' jobs )

chas