Date:      Sun, 20 Sep 1998 18:33:03 -0700
From:      Amancio Hasty <hasty@rah.star-gate.com>
To:        Mike Smith <mike@smith.net.au>
Cc:        "Pedro F. Giffuni" <pfgiffun@bachue.usc.unal.edu.co>, hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: More on the Intel-UNIX standard

> UDI is a reasonably nice framework.  Someone with some time on their
> hands might want to try implementing it for FreeBSD.  Last time I read
> the drafts, there were still significant omissions, particularly
> addressing the way that a UDI driver might integrate with the system

All the more reason for someone with some time to get involved now rather
than later and finding out that there are significant architecture drawbacks
which could possibily make UDI unfeasible for FreeBSD.

Someone could probably make a case for FreeBSD given that Yahoo , Oracle,
and a few other large companies are using FreeBSD and making money where
as in the Linux  camp thats probably a rarity .

	Amancio