Date:      Wed, 24 Aug 2011 09:52:27 -0500
From:      Adam Vande More <amvandemore@gmail.com>
To:        Mihamina Rakotomandimby <mihamina@rktmb.org>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: to come from Linux to FreeBSD

On Wed, Aug 24, 2011 at 8:25 AM, Mihamina Rakotomandimby <mihamina@rktmb.org
> wrote:

> In my particular case, I think if I must use NetBSD to virtualize a
> FreeBSD, it's cheaper (in time) to stick with Linux and launch a KVM with
> FreeBSD inside.

Virtualbox isn't slow when compared against XEN, it's rather the other way
around(depending on the nature of VM load).

http://www.ilsistemista.net/index.php/virtualization/1-virtual-machines-performance-comparison.html?start=18

I think you'd find Vbox to be very much on par with KVM although there are a
few of the extension features not available when using FreeBSD as the host
OS e.g. hi speed usb, not sure if the pci-passthrough works with 4 on
FreeBSD.

--
Adam Vande More